New Presentations on Teaching in an Age of ChatGPT and Other Generative Artificial Intelligence (GenAI)
Given recent developments with ChatGPT and other Generative AI, many faculty and Teaching and Learning Center professionals are looking to continue preparing to engage our students and preserve our personal and professional well-being in an AI world.
Flower’s new talks provide relief from the hype surrounding these tools and practical guidance at three different levels:
- the “still-wrapping-our-heads-around-this” level
- a more intermediate level, considering how to incorporate GenAI into our teaching and learning experiences across a range of disciplines and course modalities
- a more theoretical level whereby we help students choose to work with integrity, despite the availability af GenAI, by applying principles from motivation and emotion science.
New talk titles:
- Teaching in an AI World: Building Confidence and Finding Our Way
- The Three Es of Teaching With AI: Ethics, Equity, and Empowerment
- Apply Motivation and Emotion Sciences to Nudge Students Toward Integrity in an Age of AI
All three of these talks are designed to calm faculty fears by acknowledging the challenges we face and then equipping faculty with practical steps forward in this new age.
At this time, Flower is booking virtual presentations only during Fall 2023, and virtual presentations plus limited onsite presentations for Spring 2024. View speaking availability or contact Flower to find out more or book your discounted virtual presentation(s).
Flower Darby’s workshop helped UTC faculty develop a framework for getting their heads around this new technology and begin thinking about how to create AI-informed assignments for the upcoming semester. The feedback we received from attendees was overwhelmingly positive, and many stated that they felt more equipped to approach the classroom this semester in the midst of what is proving to be a major paradigm shift for higher education. We’re grateful for Flower’s expertise, and we were quick to book her follow-up workshop!